Sunday, August 30, 2009

What a way to end the summer!

We had a great time this weekend spending time with our church family. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. I thank God for my church and my friends.

On Saturday we attended a church picnic/water baptism. It was really hot, but we stuck it out. The kids got to swim and we ate some yummy food. Its great when Travis gets to attend things like this with me. There are so many times when he's at work b/c of shiftwork and he misses events like this. I was glad that he was there.

Today we went to church(Travis had to miss b/c of work) and had a great service...well I teach children's church so I'm always in the back. But the kids and I had fun. Today we talked about forgiveness. I gave the kids lots of situations and the kids had to stand if it would be easy to forgive the person or stay seated if it would be easy. It was interesting to see how the kids responded. We learned that God's Grace is free and he's so forgiving and that's the way that he wants us to be.

After church Travis and I hosted a back to school party for our kids at church in grades preK-5th. The kids swam and had a good time. We ate ice cream sundaes and enjoyed lots of fellowship. I just love being around my church family!

I'm just so thankful for the wonderful summer that God has blessed us with. I'm so greatful that I get to work from home, so therefore I get to be with my kids all summer. We are so blessed and God gets the glory. Now its almost time to go back to school and get back on that schedule that we have to follow, but I know that God has big things in store for us, and for that I'm thankful.
Madelyn and Gracie at the picnic
The girls trying to put together a scripture. I gave them all of the words on individual pieces of paper. We had three teams and the fastest to put the scripture together the right way won. The girls were the winners.
The boys tried hard
Faster, faster
They thought they had it....not quite
Hebrews 12:15a
The gang...its always so hard for me to get good pics...they hate the camera
Madelyn was glad to see Georgia
Peyton at the back to school party
There's Trinity
Brooke
Braeden wanted me to get a pic of him in the air
Taylor
Amber
Mike
Madi
Brooke
Gracie girl
Rachel
The girls
Brooke
Trying to decide what to play with
Josh in a pink float...Pey Pey laughing
Smile ladies
Julie
CK
Cam
Gracie
Nancy serving ice cream

Look at all that sugar
Jacob enjoying it...he wasn't even supposed to be at this party b/c he's going into sixth grade but who can stop him from being at his own house??:o)
Josh
Amber and Kim enjoying their ice cream

No comments: